SaveMart and The Textile Recycling Centre provide funding for the following charities and non profit organisations.
1) The Child Cancer Foundation $250,000.00 this year. By the end of 2012 our total contribution will have reached $2.6 million dollars.
2) Methodist Mission Christchurch.
3) @heartNZ (Heart Children New Zealands) anti coagulant machine project.
4) Leukaemia and Blood Cancer New Zealand.
5) Epilepsy New Zealand.
6) Kidney Kids
7) Sids, Cot Death 0800 helpline. (fully funded).
8) Schools clothing bin project. (Nationwide).
9) Bring the pink bag to school project. (nationwide)
10) New childrens ward and special patients facility at Tsak Valley rural hospital in Papua New Guineas highlands.
11) New Project in 2012 is a fully funded medical centre in Lae, Papua New Guinea.
The result for the year ended 31 March 2012: Charity projects we support received $862,556.00
Plus 2140 bales of secondhand clothing was sent to charites and churches in Papua New Guinea for distribution free to needy people. (Thats over 1.2 million garments.)
If your School, Kindy or Organisation wishes to join us in recycling clothing or wish to provide a Clothing Bin site please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org